Full Day Guided Tour to Rila Monastery and Melnik
FULL DAY GUIDED TOUR TO RILA MONASTERY AND MELNIK A unique opportunity to explore the highlights of southwest Bulgaria and two of the…
FULL DAY GUIDED TOUR TO RILA MONASTERY AND MELNIK
A unique opportunity to explore the highlights of southwest Bulgaria and two of the top tourist attractions, which you must definitely visit during your tour around Bulgaria.
Get the most of your trip to Bulgaria by combining two must see sites and top tourist attractions in this extraordinary, small group day tour from Sofia. In just one long and beautiful day you will visit the overwhelming Rila Monastery – the Top Bulgarian landmark and Melnik – the smallest Bulgarian town, famous for its architecture, stunning surroundings and most of all with the wine production.
Naturally The Rila Monastery and Melnik are the main highlights of the tour, but besides that you will be also introduced to Bulgarian geography and nature .You will see two of the highest mountains on the Balkans: Rila and Pirin, we will drive through the charming Bulgarian country side and the small sleepy villages where you will learn more about the life and the traditions of the local people. We will talk about history and economy before, during and after the communist period and plenty of other interesting themes you will may wish to discuss with our friendly guides.
- Get the most of your trip, by booking an extraordinary full day guided tour to the highlights of southwest Bulgaria
- Visit the top Bulgarian Landmark, a UNESCO site and the biggest Monastery in Bulgaria – Rila monastery
- Know more about the Eastern Orthodox traditions, frescoes and history.
- Get close to the nature and enjoy the “Rila Mountain Natural Park”, the biggest in Bulgaria
- Visit Melnik the smallest Bulgarian town, famous for its architecture, stunning surroundings and wine production
- Enjoy The Melnik Pyramids, a fantistic natural phenomenon
- Taste the famous Melnik wine produced by the unique Broad Leaved Melnik Vine – the favorite wine of Winston Churchill!
- Know more about Bulgarian culture, nature and traditions.
- Explore the beautiful Bulgarian countryside.
DATES: All year round. Every day.
DURATION: 1 day (About 10 hours)
Transfers time: 6 hrs.
GROUP SIZE: From 1 up to 8 persons
PRICE: 1 pers. – 139 Euro; 2 pers. – 89 Euro/pers.; 3 pers. – 69 Euro/pers.; 4-7 pers. – 59 Euro/pers.; 8-12 pers. – 49 Euro/pers.
DISCOUNTS: Great group discounts for groups of 4 or more people! Please enquire at: email@example.com or +359 877 842 652
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Bring a long sleeve clothes or a scarf to cover your arms when you get in the Rila monastery church.
- Wearing comfortable shoes is recommended.
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people.
- Don’t forget your camera.
08:00 am. We depart in early morning from Sofia and within 1:40h drive will be at the Rila Monastery.
With the help of our experienced guides you will discover the history of the largest and most important Orthodox cloister in Bulgaria, and admire the priceless fresco masterpieces of most notable 19th century Bulgarian painters. After the guided tour of the monastery you will have plenty of free time to buy souvenirs, make more photos or to explore it by yourself. After the monastery our tour continues south to Melnik (about 1.40h drive). When you get there the firs interesting thing that you will notice are the strangely shaped sand and clay formations known as the Melnik pyramids. The town of Melnik is famous, as well with its unique architecture and most of all for producing strong wine since at least the 14th century. You will have a guided walking tour through the tiny cobbled streets of the smallest town in Bulgaria and enter the biggest Bulgarian Revival Period style house – The Kordopulov's house.There in the tunnel-like wine cellar you will taste the famous Melnik wine, produced by the unique Broad Leaved Melnik Vine, which you cannot find anywhere else in the world.
18:00 pm Expected time for your return in Sofia
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- All transportation and parking costs.
- Wine degustation
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Pick up and drop off at your location
- VAT and all local taxes
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Meals, tips and personal expenses
- Entrance fees for the Kordopulov’s house in Melnik
No gallery images found.
Important to know before booking!
- If you would like to join this tour, booking in advance is required!
- No online payment is needed! Payment will be made on the day of departure directly to your tour guide.
- Please fill up the booking form.
- Your booking will be processed and a written confirmation will be sent to you within short term!
- In the NOTE field, please write down the number of travelers (e.g. 3 persons) and the hotel name or exact address, in case of a pick-up.
There are no reviews yet.