A FULL DAY GUIDED HIKING TRIP TO MUSALA PEAK IN THE RILA MOUNTAINS The hiking tour to the Musala peak will lead you…
A FULL DAY GUIDED HIKING TRIP TO MUSALA PEAK IN THE RILA MOUNTAINS
The hiking tour to the Musala peak will lead you to the highest place not only in Bulgaria but on the entire Balkan Peninsula.
Rila is the highest mountain range in Bulgaria and on the entire Balkan Peninsula. The mountain ranks sixth in Europe and first in Southeastern Europe. Who could resist the challenge to climb Musala, the highest peak of the mountain and to enjoy the view from 2925 meters a.s.l. /9596ft. Rila (an old Slav word meaning Water Mountain) is a magical sea of granite peaks, deep valleys, verdant pastures and more than 150 crystal-clear glacier lakes.
Almost the entire mountain is a Natural park and much of the park is under UNESCO protection.
- Hike to the highest peak in Bulgaria and on the entire Balkan Peninsula – Musala Peak 2925m.
- Get close to the nature and enjoy the “Rila Mountain Natural Park”, the biggest in Bulgaria and know more about the local herbs and animals.
- Enjoy the crystal-clear glacier lakes at the foot of Mount Musala
- Take the panoramic cable car ride on the way to Yastrebets hut and back – a pleasant experience
- Explore the beautiful Bulgarian countryside.
- Get some fresh mountain air.
DATES: All year round
Best period: June – October
DURATION: 1 day (About 9 – 10 hours)
Transfers time: 2.40 hrs.
Walking time: 5-6 hrs. (Depending on the pace; the tour requires good physical condition)
DIFFICULTY: Beginners – intermediate
PRICES: 1 pers: 119 Euro; 2 pers: 75 Euro; 3 pers: 58 Euro; 4-7 pers: 49 Euro pp;
DISCOUNTS: Great group discounts for groups of 4 or more people! Please enquire at: email@example.com or +359 877 842 652
EXTRAS: Rent trekking poles: 5 Euro per person.
Good to know:
- This is a hiking tour suitable for beginners and intermediate hikers ,but requires good physical condition (5-6 hrs. walking)
- Wearing comfortable clothes and proper shoes is necessary.
- Wear jacket and warm clothes (scarf, gloves, extra t-shirt, socks etc.) no matter of the season. We are going to reach almost 3000 meters a.s.l.
- Bring sun protection cream, sunglasses and a hat, because the sun is stronger in the mountain.
- There are no shops and restaurant on the route, so better take some snacks or sandwiches with you. On the way from Sofia we’ll make a short stop for shopping.
- Don’t forget your camera
After an early pick up from your hotel, the tour starts with a short transfer (about 1:20h) to the Borovets Resort. Borovets is the oldest and one of the most popular mountain and ski resorts in Bulgaria. From Borovets we take the cable car to the Yastrebets hut and this is the place where the hike starts. From here we follow a path through the Musala Hut and the Ledeno Ezero (“The Icy Lake”) mountain refuge to the Musala summit. The whole hike to the summit takes between 2-3 hours depending on our pace. Along the way, we will enjoy splendid views over surrounding granite peaks, deep valleys, green meadows and crystal-clear glacier lakes, but the best is yet to come. The culmination of this journey is on the summit. There, with a cup of herbal tea, you will enjoy the incredible panorama around. To the north the Vitosha and Sredna gora Mountains and all the way to the long back of the Balkan Mountains. To the south you will see the sharp ridges of the Pirin Mountain and the green summits of the Rodopi Mountains. We make a rest here before going back to Yastrebets and back to Borovets with the cable car.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- All transportation and parking costs.
- Pickup and drop off at your location
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- VAT and all local taxes
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Return chairlift ticket – 18 Leva ( 9 Euro)
- Meals, tips and personal expenses.
No gallery images found.
Important to know before booking!
- If you would like to join this tour, booking in advance is required!
- No online payment is needed! Payment will be made on the day of departure directly to your tour guide.
- Please fill up the booking form.
- Your booking will be processed and a written confirmation will be sent to you within short term!
- In the NOTE field, please write down the number of travelers (e.g. 3 persons) and the hotel name or exact address, in case of a pick-up.