Every Day, Full-Day Guided Trip to PLOVDIV From 29 Euro (Days with special offer Mon./Wed./Fri.) The second largest city in Bulgaria and one…
Every Day, Full-Day Guided Trip to PLOVDIV
From 29 Euro (Days with special offer Mon./Wed./Fri.)
The second largest city in Bulgaria and one of the oldest cities in Europe, Plovdiv is a must stop on your trip to Bulgaria! A candidate for a UNESCO World Heritage site and a cultural capital of Europe in 2019, Plovdiv is highly recommended by all major guide books, Including Lonely Planet as a must-see destination. The city is best loved for its romantic old town, packed with colorful 19th-century buildings that are now house-museums, galleries and guesthouses and of course with its unique roman structures from the 1st and the 2nd century. Our tour will take you on a two-hour walk through the charming cobbled stone streets of the old town and the modern, central part of the city. You will learn everything about its intriguing history while exploring the beautifully decorated 19th century houses, the ancient fortress-walls and gates, wonderful churches and Roman structures like the Roman Odeon, the Ancient Stadium of Philipopolis (2nd century), that had accommodated 30 000 spectators and of course the best preserved Roman Theater (2nd century) in Bulgaria, which is still used for live performances.
A place not to be missed!
- Visit Plovdiv on a full day tour – European capital of culture for year 2019 and one of the oldest cities in Europe.
- Tour of the famous Old Town of Plovdiv, a candidate for a UNESCO World Heritage site and its most famous highlights – The Roman ruins, fortress-walls and gates, Тhe Roman stadium, Odeon and theater, an enchanting orthodox churches and mosques, the beautifully decorated 19th century houses and museums, and many others
- Visit the best preserved Roman Theater (2nd century) in Bulgaria, which is still used for live performances
- Enjoy a nice traditional lunch and a walk in the modern part of the city
- Know more about the Eastern Orthodox traditions, frescoes and history
- Know more about Bulgarian culture, nature and traditions
- Explore the beautiful Bulgarian countryside
Your journey starts from one of the most beautiful and recognizable buildings in Sofia - The “Alexander Nevsky” Cathedral. Meet your guide in front of the main entrance of the Cathedral and get on-board your comfortable, air-conditioned minivan. Within a two hour (140 km) scenic trip through the Sredna Gora Mountains and the Thracian Valley you will be in Plovdiv.
When you reach Plovdiv get ready for a two-hour beautiful walk through the colorful old town with all the major sites that the city has to offer: the beautifully decorated 19th century houses and museums, all the different temples, like orthodox churches and mosques, the Roman structures, like The Roman Theater and The Stadium. Climb the famous Nebet Tepe Hill where you can explore the ruins of the oldest settlement in Plovdiv and enjoy the best view in town.
Your guide will help you to explore the unique architecture, culture and history that Romans, Byzantines, Bulgarians and Ottomans have left behind, making the city one of the most interesting places in Europe. Explore the beautifully painted churches and the rich museums, listen the fascinating stories about Macedonian kings and Roman emperors, about cruel Ottomans and the modern Bulgarian history.
After the guided tour you will have plenty of free time to explore the artistic and ancient atmosphere of the colorful Plovdiv. You guide will give you recommendations for the best restaurants around and you can enjoy a delicious lunch in the heart of Plovdiv. In the late afternoon return to your vehicle and relax on the way back to Sofia.
All year round, every day!
DURATION: 1 day ( 8/9 hours )
GROUP SIZE: From 1 up to 8 persons
MEETING AND DROP OFF POINT
The meeting point is in front of the Alexander Nevski Cathedral (the main entrance of the Cathedral) (Open in Google Maps)
If you have not requested pick-up.
Departure at 08:45 from Alexander Nevski cathedral, (in front of the main gate).
Expected time of return around 16:00 - 17:00.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Wearing comfortable shoes is recommended.
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people.
- Don't forget your camera.
29 Euro per person (Days With Special Offer: Mon./Wed./Fri.)
39 Euro per person (Tue./Thurs./Sat./Sun.)
39 Euro per person (for the period November-March)
Great group discounts for groups of 4 or more people! Please enquire at: email@example.com or +359 877 842 652
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- All transportation and parking costs
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- VAT and all local taxes
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Admission fees (Optional 3 Euro)
- Meals, tips and personal expenses
- HOTEL PICK-UP: 5 Euro per booking, not per person.
If your hotel is a bit far away from the meeting point, instead of using a taxi we will pick you up for only 5 Euro.
Important to know before booking!
- If you would like to join this tour, booking in advance is required!
- No online payment is needed! Payment will be made on the day of departure directly to your tour guide.
- Please fill up the booking form.
- Your booking will be processed and a written confirmation will be sent to you within short term!
- In the NOTE field, please write down the number of travelers (e.g. 3 persons) and the hotel name or exact address, in case of a pick-up.
|Outbound||Spots left||Basic price|
|17/05/2019||Plovdiv Full Day Tour||More than 8||€33|
|18/05/2019||Plovdiv Full Day Tour||More than 8||€33|
|20/05/2019||Plovdiv Full Day Tour||More than 8||€33|
|22/05/2019||Plovdiv Full Day Tour||More than 8||€33|
|24/05/2019||Plovdiv Full Day Tour||More than 8||€33|
|25/05/2019||Plovdiv Full Day Tour||More than 8||€33|
|27/05/2019||Plovdiv Full Day Tour||More than 8||€33|
|29/05/2019||Plovdiv Full Day Tour||More than 8||€33|
|31/05/2019||Plovdiv Full Day Tour||More than 8||€33|