By joining this tour, you will explore two unique places, closely related to Bulgaria’s culture and history. Tourist attractions that you can not…
By joining this tour, you will explore two unique places, closely related to Bulgaria’s culture and history. Tourist attractions that you can not find anywhere else in the world. Close to each other, Buzludzha and the Rose valley are also very different from each other and unique places. Both will leave you with different impressions and will fascinate you with their unique beauty and history.
The “Ghost of communism” that’s how we call Buzludzha! But actually, Buzludzha is a monument in the mountains of Bulgaria, and indeed one of the greatest such structures from the communist era anywhere in the world. Incredibly bizarre and beautiful, Buzludzha is listed among the creepiest abandoned monuments on earth. An absolutely stunning concrete edifice in a shape resembling a flying saucer stranded high on a mountain summit, the monument attracts hundreds of photographers and adventure seekers.
It’s difficult to reach Buzludzha by yourself, there is no public transport and this makes the place even more mysterious.
After the monument of Buzludzha, located on the top of the Balkan mountain, we are going down in the valley among the roses. The area around the city of Kazanlak and in the foothills of the Balkan mountain we call “The Valley of Roses and Thracian kings”. Driving through the rose fields we will reach the small, charming village of Skobelevo where we will visit a private, family rose oil distillery with a beautiful ethnographic museum next to it.
Here next to the modern distillery there is an old one, called “gulapana” which is arranged the same way as our ancestors did the installations for extracting rose oil more than 340 years ago. We are going to see a demonstration of the rose oil production throughout the season and feel the spirit of the old tradition. When your tour in the fragrant rose garden is finished, you can taste traditional rose products, like rakia (brandy) and traditional Bulgarian dishes in the restaurant from which you can enjoy a magnificent view of the mountains.
At the end is the gift shop! Here you can find all kind of rose products, essential oils and products appropriate for your aromatherapy and great souvenirs.
- Explore the beautiful Bulgarian countryside, the nature and culture.
- Visit the “Ghost of communism” – Buzludzha monument. The creepiest communistic monument in Bulgaria, and one of the most impressive abandoned places on earth.
- Learn more about the economy and the lives of ordinary people during the communist period in Bulgaria
- Visit the Valley of the Roses and the Thracian kings.
- Enjoy the beauty of the famous Bulgarian roses (the roses bloom in May and June)
- Visit a traditional rose distillery and an ethnographic complex.
- Watch the whole process of rose oil production ( the modern and the old way)
- Enjoy a delicious lunch among the rose gardens with a fantastic view.
- A chance to try all kind of rose products, directly from the producer.
- Get closer to the life of local people in the villages.
|08:00||Pick up from your hotel or address in Sofia, Plovdiv or Borovets and transfer to Buzludzha monument by comfortable, AC car or minivan (around 3.30 hours).|
|11:30||Tour fo Buzludzha monument and free time.|
|12:30||Transfer to the Rose valley and Skobelevo village.|
|13:30||Tour of the rose distillery and the ethnographic complex.|
|14:30||Lunch break (or free time) in a traditional Bulgarian restaurant with a magnificent view of the mountains.|
|15:30||Transfer back to Sofia, Plovdiv or Borovets.|
|18:30||You will be back at your place.|
DATES: Daily from 1st of May to 30th of Nov
DURATION: 1 day (9-10h)
GROUP SIZE: From 1 up to 8 people
GOOD TO KNOW:
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people
- Buzludzha monument is located high in the mountain (1441 MASL) so be prepared, bring some warm clothes, comfortable shoes and sun glasses
- Don’t forget your camera
1 pers: 139 Euro;
2 pers: 89 Euro;
3 pers: 69 Euro;
4-7 pers: 59 Euro pp;
Great group discounts for groups of 4 or more people! Please enquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org or +359 877 842 652
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Pick up / drop off from your hotel or address in Sofia or Plovdiv
- All transportation and parking costs.
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- VAT and all local taxes
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- meals, tips and personal expenses
Important to know before booking!
- If you would like to join this tour, booking in advance is required!
- No online payment is needed! Payment will be made on the day of departure directly to your tour guide.
- Please fill up the booking form.
- Your booking will be processed and a written confirmation will be sent to you within short term!
- In the NOTE field, please write down the number of travelers (e.g. 3 persons) and the hotel name or exact address, in case of a pick-up.