Full-Day Vitosha Mountain Winter Hiking Tour with Snowshoes from Sofia Vitosha Mountain is one of the most beautiful places in Bulgaria and the…
Full-Day Vitosha Mountain Winter Hiking Tour with Snowshoes from Sofia
Vitosha Mountain is one of the most beautiful places in Bulgaria and the best option to enjoy the wild Bulgarian nature, if you are a guest of Sofia city. The mountain is especially charming during the winter season and If you are around, this tour gives you a great opportunity to admire the snow-capped landscapes! On this full-day, guided, snowshoeing trip you will visit the Aleko mountain resort – a favorite place for the people from Sofia, you will climb the highest peak of the mountain – the famous Cherni Vrah Peak (the Black Peak) and enjoy a fantastic panoramic views of Sofia city and the Balkan Mountains from almost 2300m/6900ft. above sea. The tour includes a free pair of snowshoes and trekking pols.
- Winter hiking in the Vitosha Mountain, the oldest Nature Park of the Balkans
- Snowshoeing in the wonderful snow-capped Vitosha Mountain
- Enjoy the great panorama from Cherni Vrah (The Black peak) 2290 m, the highest peak in the mountain
- Get some fresh mountain air
- Get closer to the nature, know more about the local herbs and animals
Your guide will pick you up in the morning from your hotel or address in Sofia for a wonderful journey in to the snow-capped Vitosha Mountain! Approximately one-hour beautiful drive will take you to the Aleko resort, situated at 1840 m.a.s.l. Aleko is the oldest and one of the most popular ski resorts in Bulgaria. From Aleko starts your winter fairytale - the walk towards the highest peak of Vitosha Mountain - Cherni Vrah Peak (the Black Peak) 2290 m.a.s.l. In case of deep snow your guide will help you with the snowshoe’s adjustment and give you a detail explanation how to use them. The hike in to the magical winter mountain starts gently uphill and soon you will find yourself above the tree line, enjoying the fantastic panorama around you. Crossing the symbolic Moreni (typical boulder rivers for Vitosha), you reach the Plateau and Torfeno Branishte Nature Reserve. Torfeno Branishte was declared as a reserve in 1935 to preserve the peat communities and unique ecosystems.
You will reach the top in about 2 hours and on the summit you will find the best views that the mountain has to offer. On the top you will have a break for a cup of warm herbal tea and a snack, before heading back towards Aleko resort. At the end of the walk return to your car and relax on the way back to your place in Sofia.
Daily from 01 c to 31 March
Best period: December – March
DURATION: 1 day (About 7 hours)
Transfers time: 2 hrs.
Walking time: 3-4 hrs. (Depending on the pace; moderate difficulty)
DIFFICULTY: Easy to Medium
GOOD TO KNOW
- This is a hiking tour suitable for beginners and intermediate hikers, but requires good physical condition (3-4 hrs. walking)
- Recommended equipment: Comfortable winter boots (waterproof winter boots), warm winter jacket (water and windproof if possible), warm winter gloves and hat, comfortable backpack
- There are no shops and restaurant on the route, so better take some snacks or sandwiches with you. On the way from Sofia we’ll make a short stop for shopping.
- Don't forget your camera
- 1 pers: 89 Euro;
- 2 pers: 65 Euro;
- 3 pers: 59 Euro;
- 4-5 pers: 49 Euro pp;
- 5+ pers: 39 Euro pp;
Great group discounts for groups of 4 or more people! Please enquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org or +359 877 842 652
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Pickup and drop off at your location.
- All transportation and parking costs.
- Licensed, English-speaking mountain guide.
- Snowshoes and trekking polеs.
- VAT and all local taxes.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Return chairlift ticket – 18 Leva (9 Euro)
- Meals, tips and personal expenses.
Important to know before booking!
- If you would like to join this tour, booking in advance is required!
- No online payment is needed! Payment will be made on the day of departure directly to your tour guide.
- Please fill up the booking form.
- Your booking will be processed and a written confirmation will be sent to you within short term!
- In the NOTE field, please write down the number of travelers (e.g. 3 persons) and the hotel name or exact address, in case of a pick-up.