This train does not drive from point A to point B, this train takes you on a journey that you will remember! With…
This train does not drive from point A to point B, this train takes you on a journey that you will remember!
With that promise begins your adventure on the most picturesque Bulgarian railway line, from Bansko to Velingrad!
Experience the romantic “time travel” back to the early 20-th century by taking a trip on the last operational narrow gauge line in Bulgaria, with the rare track gauge of 760mm. and definitely one of the most beautiful train lines in Europe! The little train will lead you through the most beautiful places that Bulgaria has to offer. You will enjoy not only the great scenery, but as well the authentic Bulgarian architecture and atmosphere. This trip will reveal the real, untouched Bulgarian natural beauty, you will find yourself in a raw cultural experience, meeting the local people and discovering all the authentic traditions and customs.
This is always a small group tour with a very friendly atmosphere!
So, don’t hesitate and join one of the highlights in our day tour collection and one of our personal favorites!
- Take a trip on the last operational narrow gauge line in Bulgaria and one of the most beautiful train lines in Europe
- Explore the wild, untouched Bulgarian nature, authentic culture and traditions
- Enjoy the three most beautiful Bulgarian mountains: Pirin, Rila and Rhodopes
- Visit Bansko- a charming renaissance town and the ski capital of the Balkans
- Visit Velingrad- a beautiful mountain town, famous with its hot springs
- Explore the beautiful Bulgarian countryside
The little train is waiting for you every day, during each season of the year, to show you the magnificent nature and provide you with unforgettable memories!
Your day starts with an early pick-up from your hotel or address. Meet your guide and get onboard your comfortable, air-conditioned car or minivan. Two hours of beautiful drive will lead you to Bansko. Nestled at the foot of the Pirin mountains, Bansko is one of the most charming Bulgarian towns and the ski capital of the Balkans. From Bansko we board the „Little Train”, but before that you will have the opportunity, together with your guide to explore the beautiful renaissance town. 10:23AM the train departs and your journey begins! From the foothills of Pirin mountain the “Little Train” enters the Razlog Valley from where the line follows the green Mesta river valley and the old Roman road to the Mediterranean Sea. The train heads towards the Avramovo Saddle, which divides Rila and the Rhodopes mountains. This is where the highest railway station on the Balkan Peninsula lies - Station Avramovo, at 1267 m above sea level. After that with a unique “figure eight” the train reaches the SPA capital of Bulgaria- Velingrad. In Velingrad you will get off the train, but this is not the end of your day! Embark on a relaxing walk around the charming town of Velingrad and learn all the details about the SPA capital of Bulgaria. The walk finishes with a delicious lunch in a traditional Bulgarian restaurant.
The whole train ride, takes about three hours and during that time you will enjoy the three most beautiful Bulgarian mountains: Pirin, Rila and Rhodopes. Along the way you will discover some of the most charming, historical and authentic Bulgarian towns. Listen as your guide offers all the insights and fascinating stories, about the vast Bulgarian wilderness and rich history, about the life of the simple local people and their traditions. At the end, return to your van and enjoy the beautiful drive back to Sofia.
All year round, every day!
DURATION: 1 day (About 7 hours)
GROUP SIZE: From 1 up to 8 persons
MEETING AND DROP OFF POINT: Free pick-up and drop-off at your hotel or address
GOOD TO KNOW
- Bring some extra clothes with you! Depending on the season, it could be chilly on the train
- Wearing comfortable shoes is recommended
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people
- Don't forget your camera
- 1 pers: 159 Euro;
- 2 pers: 119 Euro;
- 3 pers: 99 Euro;
- 4-7 pers: 79 Euro pp;
Great group discounts for groups of 4 or more people! Please enquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org or +359 877 842 652
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Pick-up and Drop-off
- Train tickets
- All transportation and parking costs.
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- VAT and all local taxes
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Meals, tips and personal expenses
Important to know before booking!
- If you would like to join this tour, booking in advance is required!
- No online payment is needed! Payment will be made on the day of departure directly to your tour guide.
- Please fill up the booking form.
- Your booking will be processed and a written confirmation will be sent to you within short term!
- In the NOTE field, please write down the number of travelers (e.g. 3 persons) and the hotel name or exact address, in case of a pick-up.