This full day, guided tour gives you a brilliant opportunity to explore the most essential and beautiful natural site in the Rila Mountain…
This full day, guided tour gives you a brilliant opportunity to explore the most essential and beautiful natural site in the Rila Mountain – The Seven Rila Lakes and the top Bulgarian landmark, and a UNESCO site – The Rila Monastery in just one extraordinary day!
- Visit one of the most famous nature sights on the Balkans and one of the most beautiful places in Bulgaria – The Seven Rila Lakes.
- Hiking in the highest mountain on the Balkan Peninsula.
- Get close to the nature and enjoy the “Rila Mountain Natural Park”, the biggest in Bulgaria and know more about the local herbs and animals.
- Visit the top Bulgarian Landmark, a UNESCO site and the biggest Monastery in Bulgaria – Rila monastery.
- Know more about the Eastern Orthodox traditions, frescoes and history.
- Explore the beautiful Bulgarian countryside.
- Get some fresh mountain air.
We will pick you up early in the morning from your hotel or address in Sofia for a wonderful journey in the Rila Mountains. Within 1.30 hours we arrive at Pionerska hut (1520 m.), from where we take a chair lift to the Rila Lakes hut, situated above the tree line at 2150 m. in the “Rila Mountains National Park”. Here the circular walk begins. We will explore one by one all the Seven Lakes: the Lower Lake, The Fish, the Trefoil and The Twin Lakes, The Kidney, The Eye and the Tear Lakes. The reward for your effort is the Lakes Peak (2550 m), offering a great panorama of all the Seven Rila Lakes. The route is not difficult, suitable for beginner hikers and can be altered, depending on how fit you are. Having visited all of the lakes we get back and continue to the Rila Monastery (1,30hrs drive). Founded in the 10th century, the Rila Monastery is the largest and most important Orthodox cloister in Bulgaria and a world UNESCO heritage site. Behind the 24-meter stone walls you will enjoy the unique monastery architecture: arches and colonnades, covered wooden stairs and carved verandas. You will learn all the details about the famous Hreliov’s tower, the main church “The Nativity of the Virgin” located in the center of the courtyard and the original monastery kitchen from the 19th century. “The Nativity of the Virgin” church has five domes, three altars and two chapels, a fantastic gilded iconostasis and unique frescoes – a work of one of the most famous Bulgarian painters. You will also have plenty of free time to explore the Monastery by your own and to enjoy the nearby restaurants serves traditional fresh food and local specialties.
All year round
Best period: May – November
DURATION: 1 day (About 11 - 12 hours)
Transfers time: 5 hrs.
Walking time: 3-4 hrs. (Depending on the pace; moderate difficulty)
DIFFICULTY: Easy to Medium
- 1 pers: 139 Euro;
- 2 pers: 89 Euro;
- 3 pers: 69 Euro;
- 4-7 pers: 59 Euro pp;
Great group discounts for groups of 4 or more people! Please enquire at: email@example.com or +359 877 842 652
Rent trekking poles: 5 Euro per person.
Good to know:
- This is a hiking tour suitable for beginners and intermediate hikers ,but requires good physical condition (3-4 hrs. walking)
- Wearing comfortable clothes and proper shoes is necessary.
- Wear jacket and warm clothes (scarf, gloves, extra t-shirt, socks etc.) no matter of the season. We are going to reach 2500 meters a.s.l.
- Bring sun protection cream, sunglasses and a hat, because the sun is stronger in the mountain.
- There are no shops and restaurant on the route, so better take some snacks or sandwiches with you. On the way from Sofia we’ll make a short stop for shopping.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Pickup and drop off at your location.
- All transportation and parking costs.
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- VAT and all local taxes
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Return chairlift ticket – 18 Leva ( 9 Euro)
- Meals, tips and personal expenses.
Important to know before booking!
- If you would like to join this tour, booking in advance is required!
- No online payment is needed! Payment will be made on the day of departure directly to your tour guide.
- Please fill up the booking form.
- Your booking will be processed and a written confirmation will be sent to you within short term!
- In the NOTE field, please write down the number of travelers (e.g. 3 persons) and the hotel name or exact address, in case of a pick-up.
|Outbound||Spots left||Basic price|
|16/5/2018||Rila Monastery and Boyana church day tour||More than 8||€ 45|
|16/5/2018||Rila Monastery and Boyana church day tour||More than 8||€ 60|
|17/5/2018||Rila Monastery and Boyana church day tour||More than 8||€ 45|
|17/5/2018||Rila Monastery and Boyana church day tour||More than 8||€ 60|